Video editing has proven to be one of the most cumbersome tasks performed by any device due to its demanding requirements on processing, space and time. Not only does it burden the intended devices, but it also exhausts the editors’ mind and body after hours behind a screen trying to perfect about two minutes of a clip. While computers provide the necessary specifications for processing and editing large videos, smartphones cannot offer the recommended specs to replicate such experiences.
However, with the right software and tools, the process of editing videos can be significantly simplified and especially on Android devices, whereby many editing apps have been developed to compensate for the incapability of phone specs and replicate remarkable editing experiences done with computers. There are many free video editing apps for Android devices in the market and I have selected my top 7 that I consider being the best around.
Below is the list for the best video editing apps which can be used on Android smartphones. We have tested and listed based on the star rating recorded in the Google Playstore.
If you would like to read about the photo editing apps too, then please check our article on the best photo editing apps for android devices.
Table of Contents
KineMaster is a popular video editor designed for both Android devices featuring loads of editing tools and options that are capable of transforming any basic video into its pro version in simple and easy ways.
It gives Android users full control over the video and how they edit them on their various screens using a wide range of features that are available in stock for both the paid and free versions.
The app offers the following features:
- Adjustment tools for correcting the lighting, brightness, hue, and also create a new surrounding from something old.
- Real-time recording whereby you can edit your video by adding various effects and modifications live while still recording.
- Multiple layers of videos, images, and texts
- Accurate cropping
- Multi-track audio
- Accurate volume envelope control
- Color LUT filters
- Multiple transitions including 3D
With the KineMaster app, you can produce amazing videos with creative content on your Android smartphone.
For real creativity and fantastic results, you would need accurate and professional editing tools that are simple and the Power Director Express delivers the full package.
With this application, you can surpass your limits in video creation technology since everything that comes out of the platform would be a masterpiece using the least effort.
It has a simple UI that incorporates advanced editing tools that don’t require any professional skills to apply together with features such as:
- A wide range of ready-made templates, effects, animations, transitions, and quality music
- Video Collage Designer for creating awesome customizable collage projects
- Motion graphic elements
- Action camera center to edit, correct and improve your action footage
- TrueTheater® Color technology that adjusts the vibrancy of videos to make them more realistic
- Square video suitable for Instagram and Facebook
Use the Power Director Express on your Smartphone to create stunning videos in a few simple steps.
InShot is a powerful video editor that comes with all its features free for users on Android devices. It is one of the best free HD video editors and makers in the market designed with many features that include:
- Video splitting that allows you to split multiple videos into several clips
- Video cropping
- Export videos in HD quality
- Video merging/ joining that enables you to merge multiple clips into one or combine and compress videos without losing their qualities
- Quality music from InShot, Vlog or your own library
- Recorder for adding your own voice
- A wide range of movie style video filters
- Adjustment controls
- Video speed control
- Video converter
- Photo slideshow maker
- Collage and photo editor with lots of stylish layouts
For the best editing experience using any Android device, I would advise you to try InShot and explore much more than what you’d expect of any video editing app.
With over 10,000,000 users, FilmoraGo serves as one of the best video editing apps for Android devices and is well-known for its superiority in editing YouTube videos with many YouTubers using it to create and publish their videos. There are two existing versions of the FilmoraGo app, and they include the free and pro, which is a paid version.
Using the FilmoraGo video editing application, you have access to the following features:
- Fully featured video studio that allows you to combine photos and videos imported from various sources including social media
- Amazing templates and effects from stylish themes
- Music from the FilmoraGo library or your device’s
- Adjustable video ratios
- Professional editing tools such as reverse play, duplicate, mute, trim by duration, slow/fast motion editor and much more
- Multi-lingual support
- Still and motion graphic elements
Save and share your artistic creations in FilmoraGo on various social platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
Adobe Premiere Rush
This is one of Adobe’s commercial video editing software that has found its way to Android devices and into the hearts of many editors with a similar user experience as its desktop version.
Creating professional video projects has never been easier with the Adobe Premiere Rush, using a wide variety of editing tools.
The following are some of the features offered on the Adobe Premiere Rush application:
- Multi-track timeline for editing your videos using four video and three audio tracks for loads of creativity
- Easy editing with intuitive tools that allows you to trim, crop, enhance color and add various effects
- Built-in templates and animations
- Recorder for adding your voice
- Automatic syncing to the cloud
- Share videos and publish thumbnails on multiple social media platforms directly from the app
Do more than just creating and editing videos with the Adobe Premiere Rush and make editing fun and convenient for you.
VivaVideo is a fun movie maker loaded with multiple features that make it popular among top Android bloggers and has won the favor of all its users.
If you desire to become a professional video editor or movie maker but lack the skills, then VivaVideo can help you make such dreams valid without training and in a short time-span.
The key features offered by VivaVideo include:
- Video merging that allows you to combine video clips without losing their qualities
- A wide variety of video effects
- Video photo editor that will enable you to create videos from photos
- Blur video editor that allows you to blur the backgrounds of your videos
- Easy editing tools and features such as cut, trim, crop, and much more
- Add quality music
- Export videos in HD quality
Download the VivaVideo app and easily make spectacular videos for Tik Tok, YouTube, Instagram, and many other social platforms.
VideoShow if the most preferred choice for over 500 million users who have acknowledged it as the best video editors in the market with excellent editing features as well as tools.
Some of the primary features underlined by VideoShow include:
- Export videos in HD without losing quality
- Hundreds of free and fully licensed music
- Special lenses for creating original video clips
- A wide variety of text styles
- Multiple stunning filters
- Audio speed adjustment
- Voice enhancement
- Blur background
- GIF maker
- Professional video editing tools such as merge, split, reverse and many others
- Zoom in and out
- Video dubbing
- Awesome asset store
- Support 30+ languages
- Video compressing
- Video to Mp3 conversion
VideoShow offers the above and many other features that may not be listed but are still essential elements of the app. Using the app, you can make the biggest of differences in the smallest of videos with the many available features.
All the above video editing apps offer a fantastic user experience through their simple User Interface. With such video editors installed on your Android device, you can be assured that all your editing skills will result in spectacular creations to which people won’t differentiate from a professional’s piece of art.